Administrative Specialist III
VPD Government Solutions is a rapidly growing, employee-centric professional services company that provides Program, Acquisition, and Facilities Management services to Federal Government clients. We are seeking an experienced Administrative Specialist to support the Enterprise Services leadership, which includes Acquisition, IT, HR, and Finance, at the Department of Commerce. This is a front office position with frequent interaction with high level government clients.
- Perform secretarial and administrative duties for the Enterprise Services leadership.
- Perform duties of a highly confidential nature that may require comprehensive knowledge of organizational policies, practices, and procedures.
- Collects data and tracks status for compliance reporting on various matters such as: Operational Budgets, Workforce Training, Warrants, Competition, FPDS IV&V, Green Reporting, Purchase Card Reviews, etc.
- Prepare executive and Congressional correspondence.
- Assist in administration of specialized programs such as: the Purchase Card – Agency Program Coordinator and Internal Control initiatives.
- Liaise with high level executives in the Office of the Secretary and in other bureaus, up to the Deputy Secretary at the Department of Commerce.
- Set up meetings and may act as proxy for the executive.
- May have the opportunity to directly supervise lower-level administrative staff.
- Potentially become involved in event planning.
- Requires extensive working knowledge of assigned department’s practices and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 6 or more years of related experience, including 2 years or more of admin. assistant experience
- Strong customer service skills and comfortable independently managing front office customer interactions
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve logistical issues
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time, and a keen attention to detail
- Possess enthusiasm, initiative, and a “can do”” attitude
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Robust employee benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Profit sharing
- Flexible Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Opportunities for professional development
- Washington, DC – Department of Commerce