Senior Documentation Specialist – U.S. Customs and Border Protection
VPD Government Solutions is a rapidly growing, employee-centric consulting company that provides Program, Project, Acquisition, and Facilities Management services to Federal Government clients. We are seeking a Senior Documentation Specialist to join our talented team of consultants.
The Senior Documentation Specialist will support the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Field Operations Facilities Program Management Office. This position will provide task management for our client’s internal and external stakeholder groups and will coordinate and centralize document quality and management for our client’s programs and projects, including internal and external documents, reports, and various other communications.
- Supports the development and maintenance of effective information management plans, processes, and systems.
- Organizes, maintains, tracks, and files documentation in electronic and hard copy formats. Maintains document version control and configuration management.
- Evaluates documentation, specifications, reports, and presentations.
- Outlines and develops technical documentation detailing the design, development, testing, installation, and maintenance of systems and processes.
- Manages taskings from internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides daily support for the oversight and assignment of the tasking system: inputting new taskings from a variety of government sources, package and delivery of completed taskings, and archiving those taskings.
- Ensures that all appropriate stakeholders are aware of task assignments and timelines and tracks responses and statuses of taskings as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of experience
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with various levels
- Ability to pass a government background investigation, active U.S. Customs and Border Protection background investigation preferred.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Washington DC Metro Area
- Robust employee benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Profit sharing
- Flexible Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Opportunities for professional development
- Washington, DC – U.S. Customs and Border Protection